About Energi Coast Skills Group Webinar
As we journey to Net Zero and with UK Government plans to power every home in the UK with offshore wind – skills in offshore wind have never been so important.
The Energi Coast Skills Group leads the reviewing of the future skills need in the sector, and is coordinating skills pathways with institutions and training providers.
This webinar will showcase the work of the Skills Group and explore the support available for local businesses around skills funding and knowledge, including a new bespoke programme for SMEs.
We have assembled a strong programme of speakers and panelists to discuss how they are currently involved in skills and what they are doing to support local schools.
Programme (10:00- 11:30am)
- Welcome and Introduction: Andrew Clark, Energy Programme Lead – North East Local Enterprise Partnership
- National Skills Perspective and Diversity within the region: Celia Anderson, People and Skills Director – Renewable UK
- North East England Skills support: Sally Gardener, Business Skills Manager – Tees Valley Combined Authority, Karen Burgess,
- Enterprise Coordinator – North East LEP, Rochelle Gonsalves, Skills Facilitator – Education Development Trust
- Panel session – hosted by Andrew Esson, Director of Industrial Strategy, Newcastle College & Skills Group Lead
- RWE (Sofia Offshore Wind Farm) – Sue Vincent, Senior Communications & Stakeholder Relations Consultant
- Equinor (Dogger Bank Wind Farm) – Tom Nightingale, North East Stakeholder Manager
- PD Ports – Kirsten Donkin, Head of PR, Marketing and Communications
- Port of Blyth – Paul Parry, Business Development Manager
- Osbit – Scott Gartshore, Head of Client Support
Book your free place here- Energi Coast Skills Group Tickets, Thu 23 Sep 2021 at 10:00 | Eventbrite